Monday, August 13, 2012

More things I didn't buy


I did not buy a pile of ’80s Vogues, despite the nostalgic pull (this is totally when I started subscribing!), because they were lying on someone's gross bathroom floor, next to the toilet, possibly since the ’80s. Also, they were $4 each, which is just about the stupidest price for anything that I've been quoted in a while. I mean, seriously, do you think you're selling your old magazines on the hipster-clogged sidewalks of NYC? Cuz I'm pretty sure you're selling them in a dismal San Antonio tract house that smells like pee.


I did not buy this stack of Texas Observers, even though I know it's supposed to be a great publication and Molly Ivins was so awesome and I'm embarrassed to say I've never read it and wouldn't this have been a great place to start?


I didn't buy this midcentury piano with its glorious Danish modern legs and to-die-for matching piano stool despite the fact that my daughter plays piano and really appears to enjoy it no thanks to any Tiger Mom tactics on my part. I just can't commit to a piece of furniture this large, especially when we already have two organs and several keyboards.


I did not buy this Dawn doll and Dawn accessories in their original boxes even though I loved Dawn waay more than Barbie because they wanted like $50. Always annoyed when people know the value of things.

1 comment:

  1. dude. how much was that piano marked at? you know i am looking for one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...