Monday, November 28, 2011

Dy-no-mite!


This guy. Right? He was totally awesome! At least I know I thought so when I was seven years old and wore a blue and white polyester baseball shirt emblazoned with a photo of an exultant Jimmie J.J. Walker shouting "Dy-no-mite!" every single day. But that gets me to thinking about Dynamite magazine and which came first. I mean, who is responsible for making "dynamite" the "awesome" of the ’70s? And that just gets me to thinking about what a great freaking magazine Dynamite was and why don't I ever see it at any estate sales because I would totally totally snap that shit up... Okay, I just looked on ebay and it turns out I could buy a stack of Dynamites for like ten bucks but I am NOT going to do that. No, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...