Thursday, March 1, 2012

Everything's cuter when it's French, part 3


I sincerely regret never having learned French, or any language in which one can actually carry on a conversation (Latin mass doesn't count!). In four years of high school German all I learned was the Chicken Dance. I had one of those teachers who is so well-liked, so crazy-charismatic that no one seemed to notice or care that by senior year we were still translating the same passage about Uwe going for a walk gleich um die ecke that we'd first encountered as freshmen. I'm not at all sorry about the years I dedicated to Latin (and medieval Latin and Middle English and Old English), but it would be nice just to be able to read some of the adorable French books I buy. Here's hoping that by leaving adorable French dictionaries (en couleurs!) lying around, my kids will somehow absorb the language.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...