Monday, September 23, 2013

This week in bloggery


This week, I'm hanging out over at my pal Burgin's blog, celebrating a few of my more recent vintage kid book finds. Well, some of them are recent, like Tomi Ungerer's The Sorcerer's Apprentice (pictured above, and I'm just noticing that the sorcerer looks just like I do when I score an excellent book at an estate sale or library sale). I got Elissa Jane Karg's incredible How to Be a Nonconformist (below) last spring at a library sale. What a great book that is! Check it out here. And later this week, I dare to attempt to describe the weird wonderfulness and wonderful weirdness of Dare Wright. I've been sitting on this first edition copy of The Lonely Doll Learns a Lesson for a few years now, and that's long enough! Time to move on.

Meanwhile, in anticipation of everyone's holiday shopping needs, I've been working my way through the stacks and listing as many books as I can over at the etsy shoppe. In honor of Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves, that obviously includes lots of children's books, but I also have scored copies of Scavullo Women and Better Homes and Gardens Treasures from Throwaways, the subjects of two of my most popular posts. Now they can be yours at very reasonable prices! Woo-hoo!




Now for sale at the etsy shoppe

Now for sale at the etsy shoppe



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...